- Horticulture Grade Perlite – Horticultural grade perlite is derived from a naturally occurring, volcanic rock. When furnaced at high temperatures, perlite “pops” and expands up to 10 times its original volume. The resulting, lightweight particles are made up of microscopic spheres with a porous, irregular surface that stores moisture and promotes plant growth.
- Our perlite products have proven themselves as a consistent growing media for horticulture because they improve the characteristics of every organic material they are mixed with including peat moss, compost, bark, coir, or in native soil. Horticultural grade perlite is stable and will not degrade or compact over time. It maintains consistent aeration and drainage for plant roots and will not decompose or deplete nitrogen levels in the soil.
- Adding perlite to soil and growing media lightens the soil and introduces pore spaces that allow air and water to penetrate the root system. Excess moisture is permitted to drain out and maintain balanced air and moisture conditions which contribute to healthy biological and microbial activity, and minimize the chances for rot.
- Uses – Propagation of seedlings and cuttings – Soil conditioning – Hydroponics – Roof deck gardens and eco-roofs – Nursery stock – Hanging baskets – Turf enhancement – Newly planted trees and plants
- Specifications – 4 Cubic foot bag(113 Liter) (120 Quarts) Poly Bag – Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate – White granules, odorless – A blend of coarse, medium and fine grains for balanced drainage and moisture holding.
- Power source type: Air Powered