2LB Icarus True Dewax Closed Loop Extractor
The Icarus unit shares the same function of the standard Bi-directional extractors, but features rack mounting for ease of use. It is also the 2lb True Dewax unit. By utilizing an input manifold for the solvent, the user can switch from bottom flood to a top input on the material column. This method ensures that all material has been saturated and rinsed of oils on the first run. The oil-bearing solvent then dumps into a sleeved spool, where it is chilled with dry ice. Once the solvent has chilled, waxes and lipids will coagulate and fall out of the solution. The solution is then filtered and dumped into a collection base. The rack unit comes standard with a port for nitrogen assistance.
• Up to 2 lb material capacity
• Bi-directional solvent input
• Secondary dewaxing
• Solvent reclamation
• Splatter platter collection base for easy extract removal
• Sight glasses on collection base
• 100 micron filtration built into gasket
• Rack mounting
• Rack mounting to prevent heavy lifting
• Maximum oil yield
• Full dewaxing without second solvent
• Save money with solvent reclamation
• Nitrogen assist to prevent vapor lock
• Extruded aluminum rack with pipe hangers
• 10” x 10” collection base
• #30 LP tank
• Solvent input manifold
• 4” x 24” material column
• 6” x 24” dewaxer with filter assembly
• Stainless steel braided PTFE hoses
• Buna-N tri-clamp gaskets
• High pressure clamps
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR OPERATION OF UNIT. THIS UNIT REQUIRES A VACUUM PUMP, DRY ICE AND NITROGEN TANK WITH REGULATOR TO FUNCTION.
It is also recommended to have a refrigerant scale to operate this unit.
A VE280 9cfm 2 Stage (BVVVE280) vacuum pump is recommended for this system.
Max Allowable Working Pressure: 150 PSI
Operating Temperature Range: -40F – 200F
304 Stainless Steel Construction
High Polish Interior
Solvent Capacity: 10 lbs